Tuesday 26 February 2013

Poster Art 150

Last week I went to the London Transport Museum where there is currently a really fun exhibition celebrating London Underground's greatest designs. I made my way through all the families and busses onto the mezzanine floor (forgetting it was half term) to where the posters were nicely displayed in a maze of shapes and colour. The first graphic poster commission was in 1908 and the exhibition displays 150 of the greatest posters that have been developed since. I enjoyed wandering around the various styles and reading the descriptions and stories behind the designs. The trip was really worthwhile and I managed to take some photographs that I will refer to during my current printing project as I will be developing geometric shaped, collaged designs.

 Kew Gardens

 Something different at every turn

Theatre by Underground

The summer sales by Underground

I have my work review this Thursday.
Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Reading lovely comments will always make my day.