Monday 25 February 2013

Anna Parkina's Collages

On Friday I had this feeling where I needed to get out of the studio and inspire myself. The fruit and vegetables printed collection I have been working on for the last few weeks is coming to a close and I am preparing myself for the next set of designs. I have decided I would like to illustrate my next collection using the process of collage. It honestly looks like fun and I really enjoy working with textures too. I collected some bits from the garden whilst I was at home to include feathers to design from, along with hay from the stables and bark from the tree to print textures with... following on from my harvest theme. Below is a bespoke screen printed design that I hand stitched into.


I decided to go to the Saatchi Gallery and there is currently a really good Moscow Art Show featuring new art from Russia. I particularly liked Anna Parkina's collaged pieces that explore past and present Russia. The abstract imagery and geometric shapes were beautiful and the way the materials were unevenly stuck down highlighted the ordinary materials she had used for the processes made me decide I might be able to give it a go.


This week I will be practicing the art of collage.

X



4 comments:

  1. You are so talented. Lovely post.

    New follower here - would love if you could follow back?

    www.fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk
    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, thank you for your kind comment x

      Delete
  2. This is amazing, I love the texture!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Reading lovely comments will always make my day.