Tuesday 12 July 2011

Cheese Couture

Cheese... it's nice with pickle or sprinkled on top of spaghetti bolognese but did you know it's also possible to wear it....

I made a pair of shoes and the final layer was coated in Pilgrims Choice Cheddar Cheese. I documented the process as below and used the company's packaging and other products such as wax to line the soles of the shoes and mold into shapes of flowers and grapes. The shoes were designed to replicate half a round block of cheese.




I grated the cheese and mixed it with glitter to allow the shoe to sparkle and add some glamour to the design.






I also made a dress featuring Pilgrims Choice Cheddar and Red Leicester. This was a part of our professional project at university. We were asked to design some dresses using the company's cheese and packaging resources. Below are some of my designs and samples:







One of my designs was selected to make up. I grated the cheese and placed it on a layer of plastic and mixed it with PVA glue, the glue preserved the cheese and once it had dried, I peeled it away from the plastic and cut the large slabs into strips which were glued onto the body of the dress. 




I molded the wax into roses and glued the cheese into the centre. 



Here is a photograph of the 5 final garments inspired by Pilgrims Choice Cheddar which were displayed at the Royal Bath and West Country Show at the beginning of June.



Here is my cheesy dress - madness!



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1392677/Versa-cheese-The-collection-dresses-melted-cheddar.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Reading lovely comments will always make my day.